1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Holmes is a Free Agent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tripleoption34, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ...Or so says several reports that came off the Breaking News app on my iPad. Seems like five years of Tom Cruise was enough for her.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Katie Holmes crawled to freedom through five years of craziness that I can't even imagine. Or maybe I don't want to. Five years. That's just short of half a decade.
    Katie Holmes.
    The girl who waded through a river of nutburgers and came out sane on the other side.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Much like an athlete's wife, she maxed out her earning potential. From a National Enquirer story five years ago:

Just by reaching the one-year milestone, Katie is guaranteed up to $70 million, said the source. “If the marriage lasts five years, she could get an estimated $10 million extra, which would bump her divorce payoff up to $80 million,” added the source.

“If Tom and Katie are still happily married after a decade, she would collect a possible $100 million should the relationship later collapse.

http://www.celebitchy.com/7512/about_katie_holmes_600_million_wedding_contract/

I wouldn't put up with all that shit for another $20 million.

Guess now we'll find out if Suri is an actual person or just a photo compilation, though.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Laser or Gillette Fusion?

5. She's going to make one hell of a primetime interview down the road. Add what she could bank in a tell-all book, and Ms. Holmes is primed to make a buck or $30 million in the next 2-3 years.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Corrected for historical accuracy.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sure the pre-nup has a non-compete clause.

Does L. Ron get custody of Siri

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That's a beard joke, right?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not that she ever had the earning potential of Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon, but I would argue that her marriage probably killed her acting career.

10. Mizzougrad96

I read something a few years ago that said that Cruise would likely cut her loose before they got to the 10-year mark because there's some California law that kicks in at that point. The article also said that Cruise left Kidman right before the 10-year anniversary hit.

What's interesting is Kidman almost never sees the kids she adopted with Cruise. I wonder if that will be the case with Suri.

I doubt any tell-alls are coming. I'm sure she's signed her life away and would be sued into the ground if she ever says anything.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No way. Get her in some dark movie where she's doing frontal and she'll be back.

12. Mizzougrad96

Maybe she can rise from the dead in The Gift 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Draft saved Draft deleted