1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Couric interview with Lil Wayne

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Probably.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Read a pretty good profile on him a while back, and he was drinking this stuff constantly in the studio. And I think he admitted an addiction to it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Saw that a few months ago and loved it.

And I wasn't unclear why she was interviewing him, CollegeJourno. I'm well aware who Lil Wayne is. It just seemed surreal that he was sitting down with Couric. I can hardly imagine two people from more opposite worlds. But it was clear he would have handled the Palin questions better than Palin did.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I was thinking these exact things when you started the thread.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That Oxford American piece was fantastic. I hadn't seen it. Thanks, CJ, for posting it.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

A local radio DJ I am friends with told me that in his 20 years of interviewing at various radio stations, he has never had a better interview than when he talked to Wayne. He told me Wayne was better than Tupac, which seems surprising.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Boo-TEE Sweat?

8. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Stuntin' Like My Daddy

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I enjoyed Tha Carter III. Lil Wayne's a little overrated, but he brings a rock star presense and some uniqueness to a stale genre.

I saw him at a concert two nights after the Red Sox won the World Seres in 2007. He took an extra half-an-hour to come out, so Kanye had to go a little longer than expected (which I definitely didn't mind). He finally came out in Sox gear and freestyled about the players, screamed "fuck Pedro Martienz!", and stumbled around quite a bit.

He started singing "Duffle Bag Boy", complains about his lack of sex, takes a sip from a styrofoam cup, starts humping the air and the crowd, and the lights suddenly go out. Show over.

At least Kanye and Jay-Z killed their set.

Draft saved Draft deleted