1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Couric interview with Lil Wayne

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

On right now.

Somewhat surreal to see these two people together.

"I believe that music is another form of news. Music is another form of journalism to me."

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dammit, I was thinking of Lil John. But I will post it anyway:

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I watched Lil Wayne on whatever is now Cold Pizza on ESPN, and Wayne and Skip Bayless debated or something like that, and it was interesting.

I am not watching this Couric thing, but this Wayne guy is not an idiot. He may do the odd idiot thing, but I thought he was pretty smart.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

If you're asking why she's doing the interview, it's probably because he's the biggest star in the industry right now.

Most of his music, IMO, is overrated garbage, these days anyway. The Carter series, in particular The Carter II, is outstanding, but I'm not a big fan of his recent stuff. He's an interesting cat, though.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Did the same thing, 'gola. Kept waiting for the Chappelle clips, wasn't until midway thru that the thought occurred to me that I had the wrong guy.

Interesting special, tho. Her interview with Timberlake only served as a reminder of why the guy is pretty cool, whether you dig his music or not. He has a sense of humor about himself, his success. It's refreshing.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Seems like a cool and smart guy, but he's one rough-looking dude. Not a big fan of his music, but admittedly haven't heard a lot of it. I can imagine that watching this interview would be a surreal experience.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Lil' Wayne and Skip Bayless on 1st and 10.

I love him in the glasses and with the pullover with elbow patches. :D

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Lil Wayne is a bright, talented guy and talented artist.

But that giggling shit during his songs makes me nauseous. Why the hell does he do that?

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Cause he's happy. Or high.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Or both.

Draft saved Draft deleted