1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kath & Kim

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I watched 10 minutes and it was some of the most awful and unfunny shit I've ever seen. Seriously, if this isn't cancelled by the end of business today then Steve Capus needs fired.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And Mustang gives you the best of Buck Laughlin...

-- Now tell me, which one of these dogs would you want to have as your wide receiver on your football team?

-- Excuse me if this off the subject a little bit, but just take a guess at how much I can bench press. Come on, what do you think? Take a guess. 315 pounds, at the top of my game, maxing out at 500!

Buck Laughlin: Tell me, do you know the difference between a rectal thermometer and a tongue depressor?
    Nurse: Uh, no.
    Buck Laughlin: Remind me never to come to you for a physical!

-- Doctor, question that's always bothered me and a lot of people: Mayflower, combined with Philadelphia - a no-brainer, right? Cause this is where the Mayflower landed. Not so. It turns out Columbus actually set foot somewhere down in the West Indies. Little known fact.

Buck Laughlin: [as the hound judge examines a Borzoi] Now that looks like a fast dog. Is that faster than a greyhound?
    Trevor Beckwith: Uhh... I can't really say...
    Buck Laughlin: If you put them in a race, who would come in first? You know if you had a little jockey on them, going like this
    [imitates jockeys hitting the side of the horse]

-- I went to one of those obedience places once... it was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts.

Trevor Beckwith: [as Scott enters with Agnes the Shih Tzu] And now we have the toy, the Shih Tzu is coming, and here is, uh, Scott Donlan.
    Buck Laughlin: Look at Scott! He is prancing along with the dog! Man, I tell you something, if you live in my neighborhood and you're dressed like that, you'd better be a hotel doorman.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Molly Shannon may be the most overrated actor in the history of SNL.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

He also played David Letterman in that HBO Letterman-Leno movie about 10 years ago.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Preachin to the choir....

6. Mizzougrad96

During the summer, I watched each of the "Fall preview" shows that each network does.

I remember thinking the best new ones appeared to be: Mentalist, Eleventh Hour, Fringe, and Life on Mars.

Kath and Kim looked like the worst of the four major networks by far.

To be fair, I thought Gary Unmarried would suck and it's actually pretty funny. It needs a new time slot though. Hopefully, it will take Worst Week's when it's canceled (hopefully soon).

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was a great unintentional-comedy flick. Hot 26-year-old degenerate-gambling girl?? Um, I would like to date one of those, please. Not marry, just date.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Who rated her to begin with? I mean, I think most people my age went to high school with that group of girls who would quote Mary Catherine Gallagher, but who else liked her SNL stuff at all?

(Note: "Dog Show" was awesome, but I put that in the "blind squirrel" category.)

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stunningly bad show. Could never stand Shannon, as much as it pains me to say that about a Cleveland native. But, Blair? I could watch her clean her ears and find her irrestably sexy. I've got a big thing for her. But she needs a new agent -- she just floats from one horrible, suckfest of a project to another.

10. Mizzougrad96

Not many people have been there as long as she was. I think she was there seven seasons. She had the one character, which I thought was also overrated and nothing else.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Molly Shannon was great in her one episode of "Scrubs."

Of course, Bill Lawrence also turned water into wine with Tara Reid.

12. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted