1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karr DNA doesn't match crime scene sample

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 28, 2006.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just be thankful you don't live out here and have to live with it virtually 24/7. At least I was out of town for the first few days when this stuff started happening.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear Deep:

Drop dead.

Sincerely,
    The Board

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Eh, John Mark Karr probably ran out of money in Thailand and desperately needed a way to get back to the U.S., so he figured this would be the way to go. I hate to say it, but JonBenet is probably spinning in her grave right now.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Also, why would a guy who was planning to have a sex change operation be interested in young girls?

Doc, I'm tired of being a man. Make me a lesbian.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Apparently he's already been released, so the California folks will now have to go get him, if they want to prosecture him on the child pron charges, rather than picking him up at the jail.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is he going to repay the government for all the jumbo prawns, filet mignon and champagne he scarfed down on the way back from Thailand?

7. I think he's going to pay by going back to Thailand and going to prison as a sex offender.
    Nancy Grace just got a tingly feeling "down there."

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I guarantee you it doesn't piss you off nearly as much me......it's cowardly, petty and most importantly for me, not journalism. If the arrest is a big enough story to warrant the front page, and days of coverage......the dismissal of charges should be just as important, not burried in the middle of the paper between "used cars" and the "racing beat".

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's like I told our news editor the day the news broke -- I didn't believe for a second this was the guy, he looked like the part of a patsy. At the press conference, the DA all but said they had nothing. They had not received DNA test results at that time and admitted that they rushed to arrest for fear he might flea, nothing more.

You think that DA might catch some flack from the community for all the hype?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Why couldn't the new software filter you out?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thing is, this guy confessed to the crime. I agree that you never see as much coverage when charges are dropped but in this case I've got no sympathy for this whack job. He deserves what he gets. He used this story to get out of going to a Thai PMITA prison. Fuck 'em.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Da Doop Da Jitterbug (snap) (snap) (snap)

Draft saved Draft deleted