1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karma's a bitch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rudy Petross, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

Wait I sold my empty, dark, black soul for you people and this is the thanks I get?

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/sun-times-layoffs-tammy-chase-public-relations/Content?oid=2625964

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was hoping the dateline was Tampa. :D

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, Rudy, I read that story about her, and you might not have meant it that way -- or maybe you did -- but I don't know that she really deserved any kind of karmic payback herself. I suppose some would say because she even took on that job, she did, but I didn't get a sense she was an evil person ...

I'm probably reading too much into the whole thing, and if so, forgive me.

4. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

SF,
    My thought with this post was to illustrate how heartless this business is, even to those who participate in dispensing the misery.

5. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Certainly, there's plenty of karma to go around, but are you referring to anything specific, Mizzou?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with S_F.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that ME who gave that speech as she canned several writers. The one who the intern wrote the "Way to go girl!" Blog.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Janet Coats.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, Rudy's explanation wasn't bad, though.

10. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought you were referring to something more recent.

Janet Coats was the EE, not the ME, and she left about a year ago, leaving someone else to clean up her wreckage. The "lovely and talented" intern who blogged about that newsroom meeting has been gone for more than two years.

Draft saved Draft deleted