1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karma? Duke lacrosse accuser arrested for assault w/ deadly weapon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Crystal Gail Magnum arrested for stabbing her boyfriend, according to the story. She seems like a real winner with a string of charges since the incident.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/03/2011-04-03_crystal_gail_mangum_former_duke_lacrosse_accuser_arrested_for_allegedly_stabbing.html

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poindexter just had a stiffy and has no idea why.

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Why does the headline call her the "former accuser?" Not to threadjack with a journalism discussion, but doesn't the word former kind of connotate there is a modern accuser? Or she retired as the accuser? Or maybe my coffee isn't working well enough.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did someone say coffee?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't blame her for knifing the guy. He and his lacrosse buddies probably raped her first.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That's not karma. That's her stabbing a guy in the chest and getting arrested for it.

Karma would be if the guy wasn't stabbed in the chest but she was arrested for it anyway.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't get a boner. Why was I supposed to?

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Reality TV genius: Lock Mangum and Charlie Sheen in a room together and see what happens. Gotta think Jiffy Pop or Orville Redenbacher would sign on as a sponsor ...

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There's a group here in Durham that believes she is being targeted by the local police as an attempt to save face over the lacrosse fiasco.

One of its members got a pretty hefty jail sentence on contempt charges for disrupting Mangum's last trial last fall.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a conspiracy against her, but she probably isn't going to get many favors either. You know, kind of like the opposite of when you get pulled over by someone you want to HS with, and he lets you skate without a ticket. Now, every time she gets pulled over for whatever minor offense, most police probably recognize that she's the Duke Lacrosse woman.

11. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Whoops. I misread that and thought Tom Selleck's Hawaiian shirt-wearing alter ego was going to go toe to toe with Mr. Tiger Blood.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As one of the main lambasters of the Duke accuser, you might be expected to have a chortle about her latest turn.

Draft saved Draft deleted