1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karl Rove: Atheist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, May 6, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The only thing of interest about this (other than waiting how long it takes someone to bring up Gingrich and Livingston) is that the architect of a movement that plays the God card as assiduously as Whitlock plays the race card is an admitted atheist. That he has the balls (or the knowledge that it will long be forgotten in the endless news churn) to do so makes this the first time I ever liked anything about him.

2. dooley - Rove regrets that he is not a person of faith. That in no way says that he does not believe in God. If you can find a quote from Rove that says specifically "I am an atheist" - then I will quit the board.

If this was a Jeopardy game - the category would be "Taking Quotes out of Context" or "Making Believe Public Figures said what I project them to say".

3. dooley_womack1

But I would pick "The Rapists" for $500.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you regret that you are not a person of faith, you are a person without faith.

If you do not have faith in god, you do not believe in god.

It's really not hard. It takes a absurd amount of parsing to get where you want to go, Chris.

5. I had you pegged as more of a "Penis Mightier" type of guy.

6. dooley_womack1

Well, I don't like to brag....

7. Zeke - let me try to use little words for you.

If you talk to a pro athlete and they ask you if you are an athlete - you probably say no because you don't work out every day like they do. That does not mean you don't believe in exercise.

Rove deals with people who pray every day and believe their prayers do good. Rove probably doesn't have that faith. It doesn't mean that he doesn't believe in God.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You can use all the little words you like. I'm sure it helps.

It doesn't change the fact that a person who says they are not a person of faith is saying they don't believe in god.

9. I don't consider myself a person of faith and I believe in God. And I am not the exception to your imagined rule.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And the fact that you said both means I win the argument.

Thanks for playing, though.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The only thing funnier than Chris arguing politics is Jethro Bodine from New England going all Old Testament.

Adulterer!

Fornicator!

Quoting St. Thomas Aquinas!

And in the midst of it all, he manages to bring in the Swift Boat silliness. Unreal.

Who gives a shit whether Rove believes in God?

If there is a God, She will send him directly to hell.

12. Zeke - you are going to meet many types of people in your life.

All of them are going to think you are dense.

Draft saved Draft deleted