1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karl Rove: Atheist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, May 6, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can the anti-christ be an atheist? Don't you have to believe in the enemy to defeat the enemy?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Rove is catholic I thought? Maybe he's agnostic now. Interesting.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The GOP's investment in and commitment to evangelical Christianity has always been nothing more than a cynical election strategy. How else do you get the rural poor to line up with the party of the ultra-rich?

I'm not saying there aren't true believers in the GOP, just that it has never been a top priority to the folks who actually control the dollars and the policy. Once in a while you get a Terry Schiavo-type show of support but then it's back to trying to cut the capital gains tax.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think the true and intelligent evangelicals who haven't been corrupted by the notion of power have finally woken up and realized the Turdblossom played them like a Stadivarius.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good question. I think he means he doesn't have faith in God and Jesus because he believes he is better than them.

The attitude you've got to have, really, when you are the Devil's spawn.

8. This whole thing is silly and just goes to show the double standard some of you people play in your your political views.

John Kerry and Ted Kennedy claim to be Catholics while at the same time being divorced men who support abortion. Where were you people when Kerry was running for President? Where was the claims that Kerry was just playing lipservice to the Catholic voters?

And what Rove said was, "I’m not fortunate enough to be a person of faith." He doesn't say he doesn't believe in God. Many people (myself included) envy people who feel that they "have been touched by the spirit". People who truly believe this are usually the happiest, most trustworthy people you'll meet in your life.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if you're not a person of faith you can still believe in God? How does that work, Evil One.?

10. I was raised Catholic but I no longer consider myself a Catholic. However, I do believe in God and I bet if you asked the hundreds of thousands of "Christians" who only go to church on Christmas or Easter if they considered themelves "people of faith" - they would say "no", however, if you asked those same people if they believed in God - they would answer "yes."

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well put. Glad to see someone beat me to it.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Why is it that so many Catholics either run from their fatih or denounce Christ entirely?

Draft saved Draft deleted