1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karl Malone has Roger Clemens beat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bell didn’t even know Malone was his father until after graduating from high school. When they finally met, Malone told the 18-year-old Bell it was too late to be his father, and that Bell would have to “earn his money on his own.”

Nice.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

this was outstanding.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow. A guy I thought was a class act is a pretty bad douche.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you mean literately or figuratively ?

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Move over Shawn Kemp.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Neither rain nor sleet nor the fact she ain't but 13 ...

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Holy cow. It just kept getting more bizarre the further down I read. OK, Malone is estranged from his kid (not such a big deal -- everyone has their baggage); hmm ... the kid's mother was 13 when she gave birth, which means she was 12 -- or thereabouts -- when they hooked up (illegality notwithstanding, this is creepy, bordering on sick); the kid finally meets Malone when he's 18, and pop tells him he's on his own (now he's a full-fledged dirtbag). I used to like Karl Malone, but this is not cool. I won't even get on my morality soapbox here; but doesn't anybody take responsibility for anything anymore?!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought Karl was a good ole, regular guy? He's the Mailman. He drives an 18-wheeler in the off-season.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

To quote IJAG:

Fuck you, you fucking goddamn ... statutory-raping piece of shit.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did he look directly at you during a press conference and call you by your first name?

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wow.

I bow in your general direction.

12. It would have been nice if the the columnist had at least attempted to get Malone's version of the events - especially that meeting.
    I know it's a column, but talking about hanging someone out without giving them the opportunity to attempt to defend themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted