1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karl Lagerfeld's Greatest Quotes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

KARL ON KARL [​IMG]
    "I wanted to look, as a child, like my father because I thought he was chic because he was an older man. Not like those stupid young parents other children had."

"My sisters were sent away because my mother thought they were boring. I was not boring."

"When I was four I asked my mother for a valet for my birthday."

"I was never a feminist because I was never ugly enough for that."

"I am made of total egoism."

"I’m a kind of fashion nymphomaniac who never gets an orgasm."

"I am a sort of vampire, taking the blood of other people."

"I have no human feelings."

"In the whole world, there is nowhere I can go. In Japan, they touch me. I have Japanese women pinch my ass, so now I must say, 'You can have the photo, but please don't touch me.'

"My work is concerned with a more poetic version of reality. I am no urologist." [In response to being asked why he never photographs his models completely nude]

"I'm not interested in history! That's very childish. That's Gay Pride."

"Cha Cha, I love. I was a champion in Cha Cha, world. I even remember very well and I do very well the Bolero. I don't know if you remember that one."

"I cannot go out without something for my eyes, because someone might throw chemicals in my face."

"I never smoked. I never drank and I never took drugs. The funny thing is, nothing is more boring, people like this. For me, it's OK. But most of my friends, at least they smoke and drink. "

"I live in a set, with the curtains of the stage closed with no audience - but who cares?"

"Loneliness is the high point of luxury for me. I need time to myself, otherwise I would not be who I am."

"I am like a caricature of myself, and I like that. It is like a mask. And for me the Carnival of Venice lasts all year long."

"I am basically the most superficial person in the world."

"I avoid thinking. I want to have an easy life without problems."

OH SNAP!
    "Girls have wanted to look like Kate Moss since she was an emaciated 15-year-old.Kate Moss has a lot of courage in the way she throws her life away in a very dangerous way, but that makes her so touching."

"With his big smile and gestures, he reminds me of a sales assistant in a Midwest department store - make that on the seventh floor." [On Michael Kors]

"It’s a wonderful thing I’ve created with you, but now you’re a $5,000-tote-bag-wearing monster, and for that, I am sorry. Now sit down and be quiet! [To Kimora Lee]"

"Prints are for middle-aged women with weight problems." [On Balenciaga S/S08]

"My business plan has always been about working more than others to prove their uselessness."

"I don't know Heidi Klum. Claudia Schiffer also doesn't know who she is."

"Yesterday I had a problem. I said, ‘I’m sorry, you've got to tell this woman that she needs to be taken away. Her smell is not possible.'"

"I wish her all the luck in the world, just so long as I don’t have to see her anymore or hear her spoken about." (On Ines de la Fressange, his ex-muse)

KARL ON CHANEL
    "Chanel is an institution, and you have to treat an institution like a whore."

"Pissing everywhere isn't very Chanel."

"What would you do if she (Coco) walked in now and said: 'What the f*ck are you doing with my fashion house?'I would say, 'Darling, this is no longer your business. Fuck you!'"

"When I took on Chanel she was a sleeping beauty. Not even a beautiful one. She snored."

HEALTH AND WELLNESS
    "The body has to be impeccable. If it's not, buy small sizes and eat less food."

"Better a split personality than no personality at all."

"Vanity is the healthiest thing in life."

"I'm rather pro-prostitution. I admire people who do it. It can't be much fun. Thank goodness for it. People need relief or they become murderers."

"I never suffered from being overweight. At the time, oversized Japaneese fashion was all the rage. Call me a fashion victim, but when the pendulum swung back to skinny-fits I simply shrunk to follow the trend."

"Narrow rib cages are the chicest thing."

"If there's something dangerous, sauces are dangerous for the body."

"Some people would like me to be round again."

"Yes, some people say to me you're too skinny, but never a skinny person says that to me, only people who could lose a few pounds say that."

"If I lose even half a pound, I have two holes here in the face. I think for my bones and my size, I better stay with my 60 kilo."

ON FASHION
    "Don't use expensive clothes as a screen for your personal doubts."

"The discussion of fur is childish."

"I think after the ugly skinny boys of Hedi [Slimane's] days, some 'beauty' was needed, but new beauty."

"The best idea is always very basic and very stupid."

"Chic is a kind of mayonnaise, either it tastes, or it doesn't."

"There is a sort of melancholia which I find quite elegant after the 'bimbo years'.

"I hate the word 'cheap'. People are cheap. Clothing is either expensive or inexpensive."

"Luxury is for the rich, not the nouveau riche."

HOW TO LIVE
    "I was young, I was rich, and I drove a swanky convertible. Times have changed. The only thing you get from cruising around in an open-roofed Mercedes-Benz these days is beer-can thrown into the backseat."

"They grow so fast, and having adult children makes you look 100 years old. I don’t want that."

"Life is not a beauty contest, some ugly people are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people... the worst is ugly, short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life... they are mean and they want to kill you."

"Gratitude is a sticky feeling."

"The worst thing is when friends say, ‘Remember the good old days?’ Forget about the good old days! That just makes your present secondhand. What is interesting is now. If you think it was better before, then you might as well commit suicide immediately."

"If you throw money out of the window, throw it out with joy. Don't say 'one shouldn't do that' - that is bourgeois."
    http://talkinboutkrafts.blogspot.com/2009/09/karl.html
    "The iPod is genius. I have 300."

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god. This is what makes these blog posts (on my favorite blog in the world, evar) so funny. They're not even that outrageous!

http://gofugyourself.com/victoria-fugham-12-2006

http://gofugyourself.com/georgia-fugs-05-2007

http://gofugyourself.com/well-played-kirsten-dunst-10-2007

http://gofugyourself.com/superman_fugs-10-2008

http://gofugyourself.com/wetten_fug-10-2008

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

This is just some great shit. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted