1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kareem wants a statue ...NOW!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NickMordo, May 18, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed. It was tough watching Jordan on the Wizards, not because he was bad (he was actually still pretty good) but because he wasn't his Jordanesque self. I think people felt the same way about Kareem his last few years. He wasn't bad, but since his money problems were so public, people knew he wasn't continuing to play because he wanted to.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A friend of mine was a die-hard Kings fan growing up, and a member of the fan club. Somehow that earned him a seat at an end-of-season banquet when he was in college. He got there and discovered his seat was next to Simmer and the Playmate wife.

That's a good night.

3. Mizzougrad96

Was that the Isiah sprained ankle game? Man, that was a great game, even if I hated the outcome.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes, it was that game.

5. Mizzougrad96

That's the game I point to when people ask me how I could have ever been an Isiah fan.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I covered the Kings and traveled some. My roommate back then also has a great story. He picked me up at the airport. When they chartered, the flights came in at the West Imperial terminal on the south side of LAX. He was there to pick me up really really early one morning on a flight back from Buffalo. Wives/girlfriends were there drinking in the back of a van. He got invited to join them. In addition to Terri Welles, also there was Lorraine Michaels, another playmate who was banging Glen Goldup at the time.
    Terri Welles is the best-looking woman I have ever seen in person, met and actually talked to. Barbi Benton is also on that list.
    Damn, it was great when Jerry Buss owned the Kings and brought the Playboy crowd around.

Draft saved Draft deleted