1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas suspends tax refunds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Confederacy of dunces.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"It's my money, and I need it NOW!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I already got my state tax refund. They ain't gettin' that shit back.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Is Mossback considering running for Gov?

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It does look like it

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I want to see the government of Kansas pay interest on their debts to the good citizens. LOL yea right. If you owe the government and have to make payments you pay interest but for the poor old Kansas native you will not get your interest.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My god, agreed.

This whole thing has been horrible situation and there's really no good solution to this. Not paying employees and withholding tax refunds is a bad way to run a government, but allocating money from other funds to do it isn't exactly the operative situation.

Part of it was because of a bill of budget cuts that hadn't gotten to Sebelius yet (and they sounded all accusatory in the article I read on the Eagle's Web site, but in reality, she hadn't seen them because they were still being edited) so my guess is they were approved? I have no idea.

I haven't even filed my tax return yet and I already have a headache over the whole thing.

8. Why don't they just ask Obama to print them some money? He's doing it for everyone else.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That's not their money that they're not paying back. It's ours.

Why is the government allowed to get away with shit that the people they're representing aren't?

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

11. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

In the end something got done. Shocking.

Maker sure to bookmark this thread for next year when this BS happens all over again.

Draft saved Draft deleted