1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas Religious School Bars Female Referee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how often do you lie about kansas just to support your points?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never, I don't lie. And in case you're wondering, the Topeka Capital-Journal focuses more on K-State coverage than it does KU, because it tends to have more K-State fans among its readership. St. Mary's is in Topeka's coverage area. You connect the dots.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I am proud of the male referee who walked off the court with her. He set an excellent example of how a real man behaves.

4. The reader's correct.
    That argument is pretty damn simple.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The lord works in mysterious ways.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Who placed those children in that school?
    Do you think the parents that placed the children there didn’t know the school’s policy towards women?

This is the type of education that the parents want their children to have. In order for anyone else to tell the children otherwise, they do it harshly. Take away the basketball season and then explain to the kids that the rest of society finds misogyny to be abhorrent.

Of course, the athletic commission could turn around and let them replay the game with male referees. Thus, they can signal that the school is correct in its societal view and that they should get whatever the want. Sorry, but fuck that.

These are the types of schools that benefit from the incredibly stupid voucher program. These "schools" are an embarrassment.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Topeka is one fucked up city when it comes to religion.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oz, I'm disappointed in you. It's St. Marys. No apostrophe.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Were apostrophes invented by women?

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Agree that Topeka's not Bluebird country. Most folks there abhor all that comes from the dreaded People's Republic of Lawrence. It's Power Towel country.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that maybe the kids go to this school precisely because the church takes this kind of stance.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Even if your readers were somehow interested in reading about that school's events?

Draft saved Draft deleted