1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas' national title might be in danger (but probably not)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, May 16, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Outing alert: IJAG is...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Agreed.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, your weird thought that I don't HATE Kentucky frustrates me.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, I never came close to the ledge. I saw the thread title and thought, WHAT? And an instant later, I saw who created the thread, and then it all made sense to me.

If KU would have changed his grades, that would have been very problematic. But his high school? During his freshman season there? Can't penalize Kansas for something it had nothing to do with.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Better not survey the board's algebra grades; that's why we became sportswriters.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

There's a reason I took my required math classes at the juco during summers -- I never would have passed them at KU.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Yeah, I'm a KU grad, but I'd like to believe I'd say the same thing no matter the school involved. This is a failure of the NCAA Clearinghouse, which is a joke to begin with.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That thread title was mostly to get a rise out of you, so ... great success! :D

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If this happens, I'll think of some clever joke about Arthur failing to solve for 'x', make it into a t-shirt, and wide a wave of financial glory into the sunset.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought about that for a second, but high school algebra and college algebra are a little different if I do remember correctly.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Arthur cleared of any wrong doing.

Missouri and Kansas State fans around the country sulk.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/740285.html

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about the payoffs to Danny Manning and Ed Manning. ::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted