1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas Forward Julian Wright

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Kansas forward Julian Wright has it all. The quick hands and anticipation on defense, the speed to get a breakaway dunk, and then, unfortunately, the spontaneous onset of quadriplegia during said dunk attempt.

Ouch. As the ESPN guy said, you hate to laugh at him ... but fortunately, the game was at home, and it was a game they won.
    http://deadspin.com/sports/college-basketball/in-hindsight-a-lay-up-might-have-been-a-better-idea-232056.php

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That was weird. It was like he was practicing for the dunk contest, took off wrong and decided to stop and try it again.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Maybe if the idiot had just gone straight up for as dunk instead of being a showboating asshole and wouldn't have made a fool of himself.

If I'm his coach I tell him one thing, the next time you pull crap like that, your ass is on the bench for the rest of the game.

Just throw the thing down and forget about the SC highlight bullshit.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

It's still funny as heck to watch.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Like spnited said, bench the fucker.

Go up with two hands, don't pull yourself up, don't slap the backboard on the way up or down, don't thump your chest ... score your two fuckin' point and get back on defense.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

You go try it, but land on your head.
    Maybe you'll stop posting stupid shit here.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Post of the day, Markvid!

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Self immediately took Wright out and didn't put him back in until the second half.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. Fortunately, Julian Wright -- despite what you saw in that clip -- isn't someone who commands the spotlight. He's a versatile big man who loves to collect assists. Just a fluke/bad luck there.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I gotta love how D_B wrote the stuff after the link as if it was his own, when he just copied the Deadspin teaser.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He does that all the time, really.

12. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Maybe he'll do that again when Kansas chokes in the tournament once again ... I'm guessing Southern Illinois takes the Chickenhawks down in the first round.

Draft saved Draft deleted