1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas City radio guy gets fired up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

When I was in the SID world, we had a radio guy who totally fan-boied for us at some games. The one I remember most was at the conference hoops tourney, and the dude was drunk and on the sidelines leading cheers for our fans. It was embarrassing. The (former football coach) AD loved the guy. He was a tool.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Did his audience mind? I think most listeners of a local broadcast do not listen for objective analysis but for fun. Part of the fun is being part of a group, such as "Gator Nation", etc. I don't think many radio guys get fired for being fan bois.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm sure his audience was fine with it. I never listened to him, so I'm not sure if he talked about my school at all. We were the second-tier school in a state that was dominated by State U. We were (usually) grateful for any media coverage, except from this guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted