1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas City radio guy gets fired up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Nate Bukaty, a sports radio guy in Kansas City who also works with Sporting KC and MLB Network, caught on camera mocking a K-State player from the front row at Allen Fieldhouse tonight by waving a stat sheet in his direction.

Getting a lot of heat on Twitter for it.

So ... big deal of nah?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He wasn't there on a press pass was he? If so - it's a disgrace. If he was there on his own ticket? It's his career.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’ll get fired, nor should he, but wow, what a douche. If you can’t handle watching a game from that close without trying to taunt and get in the face of a college kid, it’s time to find some new hobbies or at least watch the game from the safety of your living room, where your douchiness can be contained.

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

What would you say to the adult men who cough real loud as a high school girls basketball player is attempting a free throw?

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I see this as a "Well I wouldn't do it, but whatever."

That said, if you heard or saw me at a Northern Michigan/Michigan Tech hockey game, as an NMU alum ... well screw the Huskies.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I agree it shouldn't result in a firing, but find it an interesting discussion point.

If true, does this change anything?

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nothing. Because those are the kind of crazy assholes with a conceal-carry permit.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

LOL True

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We ain’t talking Cronkite here.

But it removes all ability for the listener to think he’s ever remotely objective about KU.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Yeah, so he got caught acting like a douchebag fan. The guy works for KU. I doubt they're all up in arms over him acting like a fan of KU. Hardly an offense worthy of being fired over.

I love how people over-react to everything today. Hey let's shame some guy on Twitter for being a douchebag!! Big F'n Deal.

Definitely an offense that shows what a douchebag he really is, though.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He doesn't work for KU.

On the other hand, we alumni haven't had much to get excited about this season, so he overreacted. ;)

Pilot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted