1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas AD meets with football team about Mark Mangino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Nov 17, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The only problem with including Weis in with the Ralph Friedgen/Mangino crowd is that Weis's biggest problem is he is an arrogant prick and nobody likes him as a result.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Many would say the same thing about Friedgen.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Never heard that about Friedgen, or thought that after my (infrequent) dealings with him.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Who wants to coach at Kansas? Lets get pummeled by Texas and Oklahoma each year and maybe if we are lucky beat Nebraska 10-7.

5. Big Circus

I acknowledge a slight personal bias.

EDIT: responding to Moddy's post, although you guys can feel free to ascribe to me any Big XII bias you feel makes the thread more fun.

EDIT THE SECOND: Upon further reflection, I should also mention that I'm aware my alma mater's coach wrote the book on college football prickhood.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey, you could well be correct. I never dealt with the guy on any kind of regular basis. I've just never heard or experienced that.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Major college football and basketball coaches have become to be like senators, both in their job descriptions and their appearances. There is a reason there are more ugly head coaches in the NFL.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Kansas plays Texas and Oklahoma twice every four years.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

First off, what am I missing about his western PA days?

Secondly, in response to your first statement.

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Friedgen is not an arrogant prick.

And my guess would be that he weighs at least 100 pounds less than Mangino now.

11. Big Circus

That's on the low end. And good for him.

It's jarring to see people like that when they lose so much weight. I'm still not used to Roker.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

In any case, busy on the KC Star front page tomorrow, I'd think: Zack wins the Cy, Bowe suspended by NFL for positive test, and Mangino might be canned, KU v. Memphis basketball

Draft saved Draft deleted