1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kane County SE .... BOO-YEAH need not apply

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 3, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

2. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

lol

See, now that's funny.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Someone's a little touchy.

4. JME

JME Member

I guess somehow, someone who had applied or was interested in this job in some way had not managed to find out who was hired after months, thus digging up the thread from page 729. Coincedentally, the new posts were praising the new hire.

Completely understandable.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after this tirade, it's pretty clear you are nothing more than a wanna be. and it doesn't take more than psych 101 to figure out what you just described is what you fear most, you fuck.

6. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Clearly that's what I am, Tom.

The only reason I said anything is the first post I made was attacked without provocation. Actually, in hindsight, I should have expected it out of someone on this board.

By the by, when did you get a dog in this hunt?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you had me at hello.

8. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Sorry to revive this post. I'm not Jay (never heard of him) and didn't apply for the job. Was just curious if the position had been fiilled.

9. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I wouldn't make much of Dye Pack's judgement of talent. He didn't think think Royko was any good either. Whenever I figure out why he seems unable to properly assess good writers, I'll be pleased.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, that's why I said he was very good more than once. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll back up Dye on this. He just said the comparison to Hemingway was laughable. He never said Royko sucked.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it never ceases to amaze me the amount of vaginas who work in this industry. i'd think these pussys could get over themselves.

hey dye, i'm not hemingway, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted