1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kalamazoo shootings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 21, 2016.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Who is we? Opinions don't come from the cloud mind. They come from individuals.

I don't think this shooting is news outside of kansas

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Have we figured out why the press hasn't gone wall-to-wall with the Kansas shooting yet?

I figured they'd be all over it. An angry white guy from Kansas shooting up people. They should love that.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

YF, you're being an instigator now. You KNOW the shooter in Kansas came straight from the mosque.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He wasn't white. Maybe you're trolling, but, either way.

He got a restraining order or something from his girlfriend at 3:30 p.m. started shooting things up about an hour later.

As has been pointed out, he had bad timing if he was planning on making the news, pulling it off right before a GOP debate and when we're at Trump high tide. (High tide for now, anyway. It'll surely get a little crazier every day.)

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

We, as in several esteemed members of this board. Sorry. Not a collective we. Just didn't want to single folks out.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, it is just that I've always been on the "keep it low profile and they aren't all national news" side, and I mostly recall that being easily the minority here.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm on Team RickStain. Definitely in the minority.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Must be a vocal minority based on previous threads. I agree they aren't all noteworthy but some deserve to be played as big news.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This will probably succeed:

Michigan driver charged with murder files $10 mln lawsuit against Uber

Turns out that, yeah, he is nuts.

Dalton told investigators that the Uber ride-sharing app had the ability to "take over" his body, local media outlets reported on Monday.

Dalton told police that when he would press a button on his phone screen, the horned cow head of a devil would appear and give him an assignment that he said would "literally take over" his body, local television station WZZM reported.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Michigan does not have the death penalty.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He picked the wrong night. Going up against a Presidential debate, it's tough to get any coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted