1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kalamazoo shootings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 21, 2016.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whoever edited it is probably from Kalamazoo and inserted it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's because it happened on the weekend, or that it occurred in flyover country, but it's interesting that this event doesn't seem to be getting a ton of news buzz here and elsewhere. (It also competed with a presidential primary and caucus.) Maybe news organizations are slightly wising up and not turning mass death into mass entertainment for a change.

I feel compelled to note, as always, that this is the society we've chosen. We have freedoms that most world citizens can barely fathom. The trade off is that you may just get gunned down by a crazed Uber driver while shopping for a car with your son. It's relatively rare and unlikely, but it does happen to people. No need to get too worked up about it any more. This is how we want it, and I suppose that's OK.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You think a taxicab union may have been involved in a murder spree by an Uber driver? Really?

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Cran, maybe. For example, this guy is supposedly still alive:

[​IMG]

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Might have got more attention if the driver's name was Mohammed.

HanSenSE and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Or maybe it's just that one of these happens every couple of weeks in this country nowadays and it's no longer shocking.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

CNN has a three-hour orgasm every time a shot is fired in public in America in the proximity of white people, hoping for a high body count. They aren't jaded by a long shot.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's just typical of national broadcast news in this country. If it breaks after midnight or a weekend you can usually forget seeing any live coverage. CNN sent an alert to my phone around 12:30 a.m. Sunday about the shootings yet nothing about it to be found on the network. It was just a re-broadcast of the same primary coverage from hours ago.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Uber's comms team, formerly President Obama's comms team, shut down the coverage!

I bet Obama doesn't make a statement about this incident.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Nope, looking at that guy, I'd have no clue he was an insane psycho killer. Nope, none at all.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Doubtful but as with everything, who benefits and who gets hurt by what just took place?

Draft saved Draft deleted