1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ka-ching (to some) at The Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to those who got these bonuses, including a couple in sports who are indeed very good. But I would not want to be the person who sent this email.

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/10/02/washington-post-inadvertently-releases-names-of-journalists-who-received-stock-option-bonuses/

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

One of them is the wife of the guy who was editor of my high school paper the year before me.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Journalists who don't get any kind of bonuses whatsoever, let alone "lump sum payments once a year," are amused by Freddy Kunkle's definition of "extremely tight-fisted" management.

4. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Looks like the sports editor didn't make the list. Or the former sports editor ... Interesting.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He must be very, very old.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Get off my lawn.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I tried 50 times to connect the dots and, ... OK, getting off your lawn.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Imagine there'll be a few "Get your own bleeping coffee!" or "Google it yourself" remarks as the fabric of teamwork shreds between the superstar get's and the worker-bee get-not's.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kilgore and Saslow deserve every penny they get.

Draft saved Draft deleted