1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW goes off on the Rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Thinking Man, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

Whitlock had me up until the line about "white folks" can't wait to forgive Clemens. My ass, Jason. If Clemens cheated by injecting with steroids and HGH, then he can go straight to the same baseball hell that Bonds should be in. I have zero sympathy for anyone that cheats - white, black, yellow or fucking purple!

2. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

Here's the link, sorry:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7785720?MSNHPHMA

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Whitlock is playing with a deck that has one card.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

jason,
    Love you like a brother. But if Clemens cheated, he can rot in hell. If he didn't, an eternity in purgatory for being an asshole is good enough.
    Slappy.

5. Yeah, but he won't be the face of the scandal.
    Bonds will be.
    Jason's not far wrong here.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, he rationalizes Bonds' use because he was only trying to keep up with McGwire and Sosa yet villifies Clemens for caring about his image with butt-kissing fans.

Funny how Jason kisses Bonds' black ass yet villifies those who he perceives are kssing Clemens' white ass.

Jason Whitlock is the most overrated columnist in the country. He has become more of a one-trick, race-card pony than Bill Rhoden.

A TOTAL FRAUD!

7. White folks lining up to forgive him? Everyone I know hates his guts. The guy has been a grade A prick for all his career.

And Clemens' weight gain isn't close to the same shock value as Bonds' side-by-side pictures. Even the ones they showed in the link aren't that striking.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ding.
    Ding.

9. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

I think Rob Parker gives him a run for his money, Spnited.

If Clemens turns out be as guilty as Bonds, I think both of them will be remembered as the "faces" of the steroid scandal. Their accomplishments on the field dictate as such.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"Right now, the masses are upset with Clemens because he's turned attention away from Bonds by claiming innocence and glad-handing congressmen."

Who the hell is upset that Clemens is taking attention away from Bonds?

11. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

So in one column, he manages to fit in that Clemens' wife is a MILF, Detroit's mayor slept with a "fine-ass" chief of staff and that Bill creamed on Monica's "favorite Sunday dress."

All while insinuating that all white people are racists.

You stay classy, Jason.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Jason doesn't even believe this. He just knows it will get a reaction. Stop taking the bait, people. He's only as relevant as we make him.

Draft saved Draft deleted