1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JV coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HoosierLoser, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

So let's start a thread called "Last week in JV Sports"

2. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Or we can do it here:
    Last week in JV sports
    ...a football player ran for three yards.
    ...a superfan met his/her idol.
    ...a volleyball player entered womanhood.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Managing Editor of a great Metroplitan Newspaper has a child on a JV team at a small local HS school. We're friendly as our kids are good friends and teammates, so I asked him why doesn't the paper have a beat writer for the JV team. I mean they have one for the local NFL, MLB and College teams. He said he'll do it. So when his kid scored and he started claping, I yelled at him for cheering in the press box.

4. BigJim5190

BigJim5190 Member

The worst is when you work at the big area newspaper and their town's local covers those teams. After you get done telling the parent you cover 75 high schools and their teams and just don't have the manpower or the room, they counter with, "Well, Smalltown Weekly does a great job of covering our girls."

Good for them. Sometimes I'd love to be responsible for one high school. I'd cover the hell out of that XC team.

5. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Cadet: It's a damned good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post.

Draft saved Draft deleted