1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justified

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's a fair criticism. Seems to be more of a procedural than a serial, which I'd like more. But Olyphant is fantastic, and I loved the most recent episode with Alan Ruck.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Solid first season. Wrapped it up quite well.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes it did. Great show.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love this show. Usually DVR the thing and try to watch two or three at a time.
    But holy hell is it great. Kinda sad to see the body count in the final episode. They lost some great characters. And I never thought Walton Goggins could top himself from The Shield, but his character here is right up there.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Loved the way the first season wrapped up, but having Bo for Season 2 could have been interesting. Wonder what they'll do with Boyd? And they have to bring back Penny Hardwick, I mean Ava Crowder.

The body count didn't bother me, and even the mega stereotypes of eastern Kentuckians wasn't too awful, there is definitely that element there. Hated to see the season end, but at east Rescue Me starts soon.

6. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

The bodycount did actually bother me a bit. Seems like they might have taken some great characters out of the loop. However, that's kind of better than having stick along way past their expiration date.
    Solid end to the season though.

7. I was lost when Raylon's ex showed up for the one-night stand .. WTF?
    Good ending to the first season. I was hoping they wouldn't make the Crowder thing a tirted plot.
    Raylon's dad is a tool.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I think things wrapped up the way they did because they didn't know what people would think. Since it was such a success, I would assume that plot lines developed next season would be much bigger story arcs.
    The way they did this finale reminded me of the Life finale where there is a possibility of things to come but if they get canceled the big questions are wrapped up.
    Amazing show, amazing season, can't wait till the next one.
    However, Louie starts soon, and I expect that show to be fantastic.

9. Best TV show I saw all season. Walton Goggins is perhaps the best TV actor no one knows. Unbelievable performance in the finale and is definitely worthy of a Best Supporting Actor nod come Emmy time.

Would have loved to have seen Bo Crowder survive and see what kind of hell he would have raised next season. Still, brilliant show and a reminder that there is good, quality shows out there.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Loved the opener to season 2 ... show does a great job of capturing the grit of rural America and the backwoods shit that goes on there.

11. DanOregon

I really like the new hoods, Jeremy Davies is always interesting. Kind of surprised Chris Mulkey was a one and done. I love the way this show is written. It really sounds like Elmore Leonard wrote it.
    The only thing "off" about the show is the lack of smoke and smoking.

12. DanOregon

So I finished off the season. Couple of questions about some dangling threads (spoiler alert) - did they ever mention who or how Mags got Jed to recant his confession about the shooting at Helen's place? It was a pretty big plot point, considering what followed. And I wish I knew for certain what that "parley" at the church was supposed to be, other than a head fake, by Mags (or was it Dickie's doing on his own?)
    Figure Boyd is back in business, and something tells me we won't see Raylen teaching firearms or sleeping at that hotel next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted