1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just wondering how not_who_i_usually_am is doing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How do we know you're not making this up?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Because there were no backdoor mentions?

Congrats, not. Life is a crazy ride.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You guys should call him something else, because the thread looks like its filled with posts mimicking Wayne's World.

[​IMG]

Congratulations on your great new life ... NOT!

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It's funny. I thought about this thread (actually, the other thread) and Not just the other day. I'm happy to see that things are going well.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Great news, not.

6. The ex - I only know a little. As part of closing on the house, I found out that her parents bought her a house (a nicer, newer, larger one in a MUCH better part of town than she and I even lived in) after she moved out of our shared house at the end of 2009. Her parents' names were on the title for this new house, but she lived in it because she couldn't get a loan while on the mortgage for our shared house. I assume that now that our shared house is sold, she'll basically 'buy' this other house from her parents. Still, awful nice of them to do that... And I've always assumed that they paid for her part of the divorce, because her lawyer was even more expensive than mine (mine was right out of law school, hers was a veteran from a nicer part of town), and I could barely afford mine. Awful nice of them to do that, too...

I also know that she, and the guy she cheated with, both still taught at that HS this past school year. And I know that he and his wife divorced from a public record search.

That's it, though. I don't know if the ex and that guy are still together, or what happened in either of their personal lives otherwise. It still makes me mad when I think about it that she seems to have gotten off so easily despite having done something so horrible, him too, but I like to think that karma, or God, will rectify that eventually. She certainly is deserving of any bad things that happen in her life. Though I don't really wish bad upon her, I wouldn't shed any tears on her behalf.

As for my usual screen name - I'm not going there. A couple of people who have PM'd me have learned it. I've been around for years and have a not-insignificant number of posts. I remember Pickle Juice and Asian dong and various site crashes, so hopefully that'll give me a little SJ street cred.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Living well is the best revenge.

No reason to keep up with what she's doing.

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Not - It's great to hear that things are getting much, much better. And, remember this: Karma is a bitch.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Knickfan?
    Wally Matthews?
    Sandy?
    Do you agree that the site used to be better?

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Are you wearing cargo shorts?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Thanks old_tony for posting this thread and thanks not for updating it.

Not's first post in this thread reminds me a little bit of where I am, although there are definite differences. I'm living with roommates now after moving out of my fathers' house in February. I definitely wish I were in shape besides "round is a shape".

That said, anyone who saw a thread I recently updated knows I'm about as far removed from journalism now as you can get. I've mentioned before I'm fulfilled at my job. It's a different fulfillment, though. The people I work with are awesome. My manager is definitely the polar opposite from what I had when I was in newspapers. As I mentioned in that thread, I got promoted less than nine months after starting at the bank.

I don't miss the life I used to live when I was in newspapers, to be perfectly honest. That said, I do have brief moments when I stop to think about it when I think back to all the shit my bosses at my last shop put me through. Then I remember an old saying and a relatively recent R.E.M. song that lets me move on from that brief thought: "Living well is the best revenge."

Long story short: I think even though things are better for both of us, there's still room for improvement. But where we are now is a far cry from where we were in the dark days. And if you get a chance to look at how far you've come, you realize what a wild ride it's been.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Congrats, Not. By the way, I think you handled this the right way with a new user name. Things go well, everyone is happy. The thread goes bad and you are still you here. I am glad things went well.

Draft saved Draft deleted