1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just when you thought nothing further could be written about JFK's assassination

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, May 14, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Along comes Vincent Bugliosi with a 1,612 page tome which is due out tomorrow.

Vincent Bugliosi, whose prosecution of Charles Manson in 1970 led him to write one of the best-selling true-crime books of all time, “Helter Skelter,” has now turned his attention to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

And that is his full attention: 20 years of research, more than one million words, hundreds of interviews, thousands of documents and more than 10,000 citations. The result, “Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy” (W. W. Norton), is due out tomorrow. His conclusion: Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy, and acted alone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/14/books/14jfk.html?pagewanted=1&ref=arts

And he wrote the whole damn thing in longhand on yellow legal pads.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If anyone has ever been to the Plaza and seen the multiple escape routs Oswald "chose" to ignore cannot even think for a second that a man with military training would have chosen the building he was inside of to do the act.

Forget everyting else.

Common sense say a man with military training never chooses his vantage point.

3. 1600 pages?
    Thank you, no.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, it also comes with a CD rom that has an additional 1,000 pages of endnotes.

5. I come with a somewhat limited lifespan.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Re: Just when you thought nothing further could be written about JFK's assassina

What's funny is that after writing 1,600 pages, he will be hit with a tidal wave of conspiracy critics pointing to supposedly vital information he never mentioned.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

93 -- not for nuthin' -- but even guys who go through "military training" can be dipshits. Not all of them come out all Rambo'd up. And by most accounts I've read, LHO wasn't the sharpest tack in the board.

8. He also wasn't much of a shot.
    However...

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I guess Vince wasn't able to get the Maris theory past the lawyers. Just as well.

10. boots

boots New Member

Fuck Vinnie and Arlen Specter with his single bullet theory.
    Look, here's a fact that has been overlooked. At the time of the assassination, Dealey Plaza was undergoing sewer construction. I've always believed that the shooter took the fatal shot from a sewer duct and was able to escape undetected through the sewers.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He was an idiot then who was the greatest rifle shooter in the history of the armed services is you go with the single shoter theory.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

One not necessarily related to the other, 93. That's all I'm saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted