1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just when you thought ESPN couldn't get any bigger ... Jason Whitlock returns

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Aug 14, 2013.

1. joe

joe Active Member

I read Whitlock and Posnanski when both started at the KC Star, and the level of writing between the two was so huge it was shocking that Whitlock had a job. He didn't just suck out loud, he sucked out loud in Dolby surround sound, a truly fucking horrible writer. I could not believe that a big, respected paper would hire someone with so little talent, so little ability to write coherent sentences, let alone whole columns.

He has become a better writer in the intervening 20 years, but the bar was so low he couldn't help but go upward. That said, he still sucks as a writer, and he's a one-trick provocateur of the lowest sort.

So, you know, good for him, but fuck Jason Whitlock. One less reason to read the ESPN site.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I generally don't go to ESPN's website for anything other than fantasy football. I prefer SI and CBS Sports for their NFL coverage. Usually, if I go to ESPN's site, it's because someone here linked to a story by Thompson or a Reilly column. I'll go there more often to read Whitlock, if indeed he is writing, which I'm assuming he is, but I could be wrong... Most of the people at ESPN who I like, I can get what I want from them by simply reading their twitter feed.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't their twitter feeds include links to their stories?

Draft saved Draft deleted