1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just when it seemed Reggie Bush had hit rock bottom...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

...this LA Times article reports that his supposed would-be New Era Sports & Entertainment business partner Lloyd Lake is both cooperating with NCAA officials and will file a civil lawsuit against Bush this month:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bush10oct10,1,3485948.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=7&cset=true

If this report is true, Reggie Bush will have a lot more to be concerned about than filming his next commercial, his 2.9 yards per carry average this season, and his team's disastrous 0-4 start.

At stake also are Bush's finances, his reputation, USC's 2004 & 2005 victories and Bush's 2005 Heisman.

If Bush seeks commiseration, he need look no further to fellow former Trojan and likewise 2006 NFL draftee, Matt Leinart.

Leinart -- having already been reduced to a platooning role with Kurt Warner -- is now out for the remainder of the 2007 season with a broken collarbone.

The good news for Bush is that he is now the Saints featured running back. This development follows the season-ending injury to teammate Deuce McAllister.

The rap on Bush early this season is that he did not spend enough time in the offseason working on his game and his conditioning, instead choosing to focus on his prolific endorsement ventures.

If this was the case, then Saints fans (as well as Bush's sponsors) have to hope that any potential distractions generated from Lake's apparent lawsuit and his forthcoming discussions with NCAA officials will not similarly distract Bush, particularly as the team looks to him to help rescue their currently-winless 2007 campaign.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Why the bold? Stop with the bold please.

4. If you copy and paste from a website that has links bolded, does it bold as a post in these message boards?

Just my theory.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I didn't realize my SJ 'bolding privileges' were under review. Is that a new SJ rule (no bolding in posts which does not meet with the moderators' approval), and does it apply just to me? I wouldn't want to be the subject of any selective SJ moderating.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's not the bolding, it's the boring.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's just annoying as hell and hard to read. And as long as those posts are, you don't want to make them any more difficult to slog through. Not a rule at all.
    And I see you've borrowed your brother's snippy pills. It works for you about as well as it does for him.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I THINK IT WAS A POLITE REQUEST, SAME AS IF YOU WERE POSTING IN ALL CAPS.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

You're No. 2.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh. Dear. God.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I bold so that people can focus on the names/publications/media outlets which interest them, instead of having to read the whole, long post.

I'm trying to help the reader here.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Can colors be far behind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.