1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just watched We Are Marshall

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fourth and 8, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

I didn't think it was a great movie because I knew the story and nothing surprised me. But, it was a good movie. I was just wondering if you folk thought which was better - that one or in my opinion, the best modern sports movie, which was also based on a true story, Remember the Titans.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Recently, the best I've seen is "Coach Carter" because they didn't change the ending for a more feel-good ending, a la "Friday Night Lights." Still haven't seen "Remember the Titans," though.

3. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

It comes on TNT about five times a month. Must-see TV.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Najeh and the Chocolate Factory

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought Remember The Titans was a bunch of heart-string pulling crap.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

"Heh, someone's baking brownies..."

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Remember the Titans was good. Cinderalla Man was much better. Friday night Lights took liberties with the story and let some details go that just bugged the hell out of me. If I'd not read the book I probably would have enjoyed it more.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only problem is, I notice it on when it's three-quarters of the way done. And I don't have patience for commercial breaks. I probably ought to add it to my Netflix cue.

9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

McConaughey talks out of the side of his mouth so much that it's pretty comical.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

What Bubbler said. Remember the Titans could have been great, but it was way too Disney-fied. I'll never forgive it that scene where they're all coming on to the field dancing.
    Haven't seen Coach Carter, but I'd probably nominate Million Dollar Baby as the best sports movie of the last few years. Cinderella Man was quite good, too.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Seabiscuit, maybe? Loved the cinematography of it.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Juwanna Mann?

Draft saved Draft deleted