1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just want to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HookEm2014, Oct 19, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

People don't kill hockey teams, Gund's do.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Slappy speaks the truth.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

STEVE HOLT

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who cares about Dallas sports? What I, and everyone else here wants to know is ... Do you think Derek Jeter is the greatest of all time?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is it true what Jeff Pearlman wrote about Charles Haley?

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Gold.

7. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Well thanks for the nice replies, well from most of you at least, I look foward to soaking the site in.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

... trying so hard to come up with another Sympathy for the Devil reference that isn't lame. Fail.

Oh, well. Look, dude, I had it not-so-gently pointed out (I think it was Dooley or BYH) early on in my at-some-point-to-be-illustrious SportsJournalists.com career that this is not a fan site. Not that you can't be a fan on here. It just has to be sensible. No "Paul O'Neill for the HOF" threads or shit like that. You just have to be willing to cuss your own team like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. You know, to keep up the appearance of impartiality.

So, in the interest of glasnost ... does UT have any NFL-bound players who are currently torching? We anxiously await your answer.

And while you're thinking about it, I'll have a Strongbow.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm ...

... nobody, really.

10. joe

joe Active Member

New AP style: website, one word, no cap.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I was going to post the exact same thing.

Instead I'll go with, "Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is HOV, H to the O-V, I used to move snowflakes by the OZ, even back then you could call me the CEO of the R-O-C."

Draft saved Draft deleted