1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just troubles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Certainly take it, even if I'm not of the same faith, thank you.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Agreed - this was very brave of you and I'm rooting for you. You can do it.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good luck Roy. Better times are ahead.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Know that you've got people on this board pulling for you, Roy. It sounds like you've got a great reason for kicking the habit. As others have said, I know you can do it. And hopefully this thread shows - you've got support here, if you ever need to tap into it. Keep us posted.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It takes guts to own up to an addiction, guts to beat back those demons and guts for your wife to find her bottom line. That's usually the hardest part, the loved ones finding that line.

Prayers your way and her way.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wishing you good things, Roy.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Agree with everyone else here .... very brave of you to come on here (as yourself, so to speak) and admit there is a problem. I know that most of us here don't know each all that well (or at all), but positive re-enforcement, no matter where it comes from, is important. You can absolutely do this. Good luck, and just envision how amazing it will feel when you're being the best you.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Roy, I never did hard drugs, but in the past three years I've given up my own vices: beer, Coca-Cola (sugar drinks, really) and the really tough one, nicotine. I don't miss the beer or the Cokes, but most of all it is so great to not be chained down and dependent on an addictive drug in my bloodstream anymore. Even nicotine, a legal drug, disrupts your entire life.

My point is, you'll love living free of your chains once you get there.
    It's so much better now to drink water and breathe free, with a clear head.
    Breathe deep when you need to relax or refocus, and best of luck all the way.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I have no personal knowledge of narcotics, but I do know that if you believe in yourself and trust in the Lord, all things are possible. Best of luck.

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

You've accomplished so much just in sharing your story with us and by getting yourself into a program.

Wishing you much strength.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Echoing what everyone else has said, you're on the right track. I would strongly suggest checking out Narcotics Anonymous (and Narcanon for your wife). These kind of programs can really turn things around if you're ready to face things head on.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Peace, brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted