1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just to get this on the record ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Henry, I'm sure 3BF can come up with something.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cheese or yogurt in the vents also works well. Might take a week or so to spoil and get a good funk going, but every time the vent blows it's like air de-freshener and very tough to figure out where it's coming from. Especially if you can get it into a car vent.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Khartoum has no idea why he just started running.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Comet bomb. That is all.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew that was coming. I knew that was coming and it still made me laugh.

This thread is now complete.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm getting the feeling that Batman's been wronged a couple times in the past.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

What BYH said, but even at that, I wouldn't have to worry about little cameras in my lot.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

*Mike furioiusly scribbles notes, begins going thru his address book*

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have, Mike. I have. And, I've had some good teachers.
    In college one time, some friends of my friends let the air out of their tires at 3 a.m. We were all over Group B's house after going out, watching a movie or something, and caught Group A doing it. Assholes refused to help change the tire. So, the next day, we track the lead bastard's jeep down at the library (couple miles from his house) and let the air out of all four tires. As a topper, 15 minutes after we finish a thunderstorm rolls through. Dude was a little pissed to say the least.
    Another time, same group of friends has a party. Some random guy thinks it'd be fun to start a fight. Walks up and sucker-punches one of the hosts -- not realizing nearly everyone at this party was a friend of said host. The puncher escapes by the skin of his teeth with the help of a mutual acquaintance. Within 30 minutes, 20 people are piling into an old VW van that looks like the terrorists' from "Back to the Future." The sliding door doesn't work, so when we get to the guy's apartment all these people come swarming out of the driver's and passenger's side doors like a clown car. Dude somehow slips out again, even though a couple of the more psycho folks actually make it into his apartment. Same psychos spend the rest of the semester (maybe six weeks) stalking this guy -- they get his class schedule, follow him around, stake out his apartment, the works. Nothing ever happened, but it was great psychological warfare.

Another group of friends were great pranksters. In their little group, they did the cheese thing to one of their friends and the old garbage can full of water against the door knob bit in the dorm. Unlike the other group, they did it for fun.

But I dabble mostly in theory. As the books on such topics say, these posts are for educational purposes only. ;)

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I lost my address book. I might be fucked (not literally, of course).

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

One of my all-time favorite posts was on a "how to fuck with a coworker" thread in which it was suggested that some raw fish --- or even the dreaded deuce -- be placed in the base pole of the person's office chair. I get a good belly laugh every time I think about it.

Uh, comet bomb? Can we get that in the SportsJournalists.com lexicographer's guide?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A Comet bomb = a firecracker in a container of, well, Comet. Comet is really hard to clean up b/c most people try to use water, which just makes it messier.

One can also just sprinkle some comet around his desk if one is scared of the firecracker.

Draft saved Draft deleted