1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just to get this on the record ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 15, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

There's a special corner of hell reserved for the boss who made my wife cry today.

I would never lift a finger to help him more quickly get there, understand. I want to make that clear.

Neither would I lift a finger to slow his journey, though.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Jeez. Sorry to hear that, Henry.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Whahuppened?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Somtimes peoples' cars get big door dings in parking lots. It's mysterious, really.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry to hear it Henry, and hope it was nothing too serious.

6. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

For the right price, I know some people who can help you (that's a joke). But seriously, there could be some things we could do that would make his live not very happy.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I had an incident at my old paper when the Managing Editor chewed out my wife and mader her cry. It was a shitty feeling on my part. Do I go in there and confront him, risking my job? I knew I'd lose my temper so I didn't do it. My wife quit a few days later. I felt like quitting but what would we do then?

Later on this guy was fired, so there was some vindication. But it was an awkward, frustrating feeling.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Umm, my wife has been working carefully with one of her higher ups to develop a ... new working arrangement that would allow her to continue to do her writing and columnizing thing in a more flexible fashion. A plan was agreed to, but that plan got scrapped without much serious consideration by the next guy up the organizational ladder.

Upsetting for her, yes, but it underscores why I've been wanting her to get out from under that situation for a while now. It's a newsroom that's in the midst of a power struggle and she just inadvertantly got caught up in that.

Homer: I don't think his life is too happy now. That's why I think he takes some twisted pleasure from this kind of thing.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Want me to hang out with him? That should show the fucker a thing or two.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Michelin, meet Bowie. Bowie, Michelin.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, dude. Give her a big hug from me. She's waaay too nice for some douchebag to do that to her.

Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He wants to hurt him, not bore him to death.

Draft saved Draft deleted