1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just shut up and get into camp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 4, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Browns rookie Brady Quinn is mouthing off about how much he should be paid. I didn't think 22nd picks could call shots like this.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

It's because he's got an agent whispering in his ear that he's still a top three pick and should get paid like a top three pick.

He should get paid less than the No. 21 pick and more than the No. 23 pick. That shouldn't be hard to figure out.

All he's going to end up doing is pissing off some of his teammates and fans.

3. boots

boots New Member

I think he's already on that road. I didn't think THAT much of him as a collegiate quarterback.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One Brady Quinn thread is plenty when it's just about the same subject.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44612/

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He's already done did piss everyone off. And you're right, just STFU and sign your contract pretty boy.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If and when Quinn helps the Browns win games, this will all be forgotten. Fans don't care about holdouts and money if their team wins. If the Browns lose and Quinn sucks shit, well, then he has a problem.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If I were a football player, I would squeeze every last cent out of every contract negotiation I could. The NFL doesn't hesitate to throw players away when they are finished with them.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

True. But he's the 22nd pick. He's not even in the top 10. Plus, the Browns are used to throwing away money at draft picks and free agents. For Quinn not to get a contract done must mean his agent is ask for a phat contract and the only set of keys to the Dawg Pound.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

There's only one word which can describe Brady Quinn's holdout, and it's the same word that can be said of Quinn in all facets of life:

Courageous.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, he has to go out in public with his hair looking the way it does. That takes a set of balls.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Clearly the Browns, like the rest of the league, don't fully appreciate the depth of Quinn's courageousness.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I saw Quinn on ESPN News today, and he was saying the holdout was not over money, but over incentives that would allow him to be "paid like a starting quarterback" if he does indeed become the starting quarterback.

If true, and that's a big if, I don't have a problem with that. If he's holding out for No. 3 pick money, however, then he's as much a d-bag as he looks.

Draft saved Draft deleted