1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just show me the d*mn door ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, May 1, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Keyshawn shouldn't be headed to Canton. But how can we possibly know what people who waved Michael Irvin in while keeping Art Monk behind the velvet rope think?

2. boots

boots New Member

No shit. Art Monk belonged in there years ago.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Hall of Famer? Are you kidding? I'm not a Keyshawn basher -- he works hard, and he will block and make the tough catch, but he's a possession receiver with a flashy name. That doesn't get a guy into Canton. Irvin was a much better player and a key player on three Super Bowl teams. There's no comparison between the two.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I totally agree. And I think Art Monk should be in

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd have to say no to Keyshawn on the HOF. Very good player, did a lot more than just catch the ball as others have noted, but I can't say he was ever the best receiver in the league at any point of his career.

6. boots

boots New Member

And there's a pretty good chance he will never be the best player in the NFL.

7. Coulda been.
    Ain't.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Was there ever that expectation from KJ? I mean just because he's the No.1 draft pick and said he was the best player in the game doesn't mean anyone else ever had that expectation.

The only receiver that could ever make that claim was Jerry Rice since he's the only player to ever win the Pro Football Writers Association league MVP award (1987).

On a side note, Don Hutson also won it twice as an end in 1941-42 when the award was given by the NFL itself, the Joe Carr Trophy.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

keyshawn a hall of famer? you even need to ask?

no way jose. not even worthy of discussion. i'm somewhat embarrassed to evn discuss it this much.

and i consider myself a keyshawn supporter. i've always liked him and gotten along very well with him. but he's never resembled anything close to a great player.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think at this point, everyone who was a headline-maker is going to get the "HOF worthy?" question asked of them, even if there really isn't an argument to be made.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Art Monk never reached double digits in a season in his career. He wasn't the type of receiver you even focused on week in week out as THE guy against opposing defenses.

His longevity outweighed his dominance.

To me, he is not worthy of the HOF.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Really? There's a pretty good chance a 34-year-old receiver who just got cut won't be the best player in the NFL? Do you think before you type? I'm honestly asking.

Draft saved Draft deleted