1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just show me the d*mn door ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, May 1, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Pass the blunt sir. Not a chance in hell. They already got burned by a big-mouthed, whiney WR and Johnson isn't any good.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I don't know how selfish it was of Keyshawn to throw that out there regarding Quinn. Considering that he is 35 years old, Keyshawn will be long gone before Quinn could possibly benefit the Panthers. What's in it for him?

If anything, I think he was speaking from an unbiased point of view.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The Eagles do need another veteran receiver, and Johnson could fit in nicely with their system...

Look what TO did for them...helped them make the Super Bowl

Keyshawn can at the very least help take them to the NFC Championship game with that roster

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He's been trumpeting this in another thread, too. Melock wins in a landslide ...

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If you believe your last statement, you might as well believe that Terrell Owens is rejoining the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Panthers already have Jake Delhomme and David Carr, who has played only five years in the league (granted, he's taken more hits than many guys who have played a dozen seasons). Furthermore, as long as John Fox and Marty Hurney are piloting the ship, they're not going to spend a high-round pick on a QB and let him develop on their watch. Too much money, not enough time to mature and Fox's offense isn't dependent on a gunslinger.

The only way Brady Quinn will see Charlotte is from the visiting locker room - at least with the current coach/GM regime.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

What other thread?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

just to clear up some silliness:

carolina did NOT fork over a 3M bonus to keyshawn on april 1. they gave him his deferred 1M from his signing bonus, which they had to.

just some bookkeeping, but the world-wide leaders had been in "wtf?" mode over the bonus issue, looking for a dark reason why the panthers would just eat the 3M. there was nothing to eat.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

So is Key going to play this year? Or is he done?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He'll play at least this year, and someone will pick him up. He's not going to go out like this.

10. Don't know if this has been discussed or not:
    Is Keyshawn a Hall of Famer?
    In my book, no. He would qualify for the Hall of Pretty Good, but I don't think he is Hall of Fame worthy.

11. boots

boots New Member

Hell no he's not a Hall of Famer. But if Michael Irvin can get in, I guess he's got a shot.
    I think Keyshawn would be a great fit in Philadelphia. They need a sure-handed receiver capable of making big plays.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I heard the Titans are going to give him a look

Draft saved Draft deleted