1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just show me the d*mn door ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, May 1, 2007.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I dont like him either. I would be a fan if he put up what his mouth put out. Same for Plaxico. Keshawn is too slow and (lazy) and Plaxico don't have any heart and (lazy).

I understand they may have issues with their place of employment - but when the camera's are on them - they should PERFORM. Neither of these clowns get love from me.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think a good note following the draft would have been a tally on how many times Keyshawn used either 'I' or 'me' on the broadcasts.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The one thing i'll never call Keyshawn is lazy.

That was a hard working football player if I ever saw one on the field, asked to block defensive ends one on one while having zero fear going across the middle of the field.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

agree totally. keyshawn's a GREAT competitor. just not nearly as talented as he thinks.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yasinskas hit the nail on the head. The undercutting of Jake Delhomme in front of the media was too much for the offense and organization to take.

He didn't support Delhomme last year after a couple of critical INTs. Worse, he was helping the ESPN talking heads fan the flames to consider taking Brady Quinn with the No. 14 overall pick before Marty Hurney and the Panthers decided to trade down.

With the exception of that give-and-take involving trying to talk about Quinn to Charlotte, Meshawn didn't do that bad a job on the mic last weekend.

I agree with Big Chee: He willingly blocked and didn't hesitate to go over the middle to make the tough catch. Thing is, not even his critics could hammer him on those tendencies. The others - the scuttlebutt behind the scenes - were what had me worried all along.

Carolina might want to hope Dwayne Jarrett can contribute right away. Drew Carter has height and speed but his hands are iffy at best and Keary Colbert has been worse than useless since he, like Jarrett, was a second-round pick out of Southern California.

6. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

Like, oh say, Randy Moss?

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I'll give you that. Yet, for some reason, I don't like the brotha. I not hating on him. Hell, I like T.O. But keyshawn makes my skin crawl.

I think it's funny that he got canned after talking all that ish on ESPN on how he was going to help develop Dwayne Jarrett only to find out that he was his replacement.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

After signing Kevin Curtis, not sure the Eagles would pick him up or not, but I do find it kind of humorous that during the draft ESPN had Andy Reid on and he made a joke about wishing he had Keyshawn on the Eagles (and then everyone laughed it off that Reid was unwittingly tampering).

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kind of what I was thinking here. You knew someone had to go. And it wasn't going to be Smith or Keary Colbert.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

remember this quote

"Calvin Johnson is a mix between Randy Moss and myself"

"Dallas receivers are old"

Keyshawn is 35

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

It's never a bad day when Meshawn gets punk'd.

That said, somebody will definitely pick him up for TV when he is done with the NFL

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Yes, this has a very ironic twist that is for sure. I hope K plays somewhere else next year because he is still a fairly good possession receiver.

Draft saved Draft deleted