1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just say no to Gore and condoms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 15, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But, hey, condoms are only 85 percent effective. I saw it last night on Desperate Housewives.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well, if I raised my 15-year old daughter right, getting a box of condoms at school wouldn't be a big deal.
    Anyway, maybe every 15-year old boy should get a vasectomy and to get it fixed they have to pass their breeding test to get a breeding license. Make the young'uns fire blanks, that'll teach 'em!
    Back on point, I just find it a little crazy that one parent can complain and the entire school district has to change its policy. Sort of like Sunday's Doonesbury strip that said you don't teach the science, just the controversy.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

In terms of pregnancy maybe. But the STD's are a different story.

Also, Desperate Housewives told me it's okay to bang the milf up the street if I mow her lawn. Lesson learned.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Gabrielle isn't a mother.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

When this nutcase started in with his "the world is 14,000 years old" nonsense it should have immediately negated anything he said afteward.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It isn't a mutually exclusive situation. Teachers do not hand out rubbers and say "This is it. Now go out and fuck with on of these on."

Students receive a dominating amount of information on absitinence. Looking over what they are taught, I wonder if kids ever think sex is worth a shot.

In the end, there will always be some kids that go out and fuck. So, you need to make certain that they are aware that if they do so, there is a safe way to do it.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's astounding that anyone would still equate the availability or distribution of condoms is an endorsement of free-wheeling sexual activity among teens. If we teach our children how to use 9-1-1, is that going to encourage them to report fake issues for fun?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

99 out of 100 Americans agree, abstinence is some bullshit:

(They must have not polled "Middle America," or the "silent majority.")

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/19/premarital.sex.ap/index.html

9. joe

joe Active Member

Jay, why do you hate god?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Abstinence has been preached for decades and look where it's gotten us. I say any additional weapons we can provide to people would be welcome.

But we all know the "You shouldn't have sex" argument is sure to overcome teenage sexual desires powerful enough to fuel a reactor for a decade.

11. Was this line from the CNN.com story actually delivered with a straight face:

"The Bush administration does not believe the government should be regulating or stigmatizing the behavior of adults."

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

'Cause I can. He made me forget to get tickets for Jeff Tweedy tomorrow night and now they are sold out. I called the ticket office to see if they had any in reserve, and it was closed for MLK Day.
    I blame God. Or, perhaps, He's doing me a favor to keep me off the roads as the weather makes a turn towards the craptacular.

Draft saved Draft deleted