1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just saw Juno

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Dec 27, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So good. I might go see it again tomorrow.

Meet me there? I just have to leave a seat between us (otherwise BBAM will get jealous)

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Deal. But I've got to be home before Scrubs. I've got a life, you know.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have to get home in time to drink a lot before the Orange Bowl.

P.S. speaking of lives, American Idol starts soon!!!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never seen American Idol. I think I'm the last person in America to watch it. Everyone I know tells me, "Oh, you'd love the first couple weeks because everyone sucks. ..." My response is always, "Eh."

I don't like pop music, and I get all the name-calling and humiliation I need on this site.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You should watch one episode while on here. We do a running thread each week. It really is a great trainwreck.

We got Oz addicted last year or two. :D

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

We'll see. Like MySpace and Facebook, I'm quite content with being the minority. No matter how many threats I get.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

In that case. ...

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Great movie.

To Cadet's point: a couple I saw it with said they wouldn't show it to a daughter because it didn't show how hard pregnancy is both physically and emotionally.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

... *hanging head in depression*

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, cause you were so ahead of the curve on that one :D

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Excellent flick. Perhaps the year's funniest. Some big plot problems, tho. Didn't ruin the movie, but keep it from getting an A in my book.

You've got a military dad who allows his eight-months-pregnant daughter to drive all over the place at night. Riiiight. The role of the dad's character is basically to sit around until it's required for him to do something.

Paulie Bleeker is supposed to be this super awesome ubergeek who exudes coolness without trying. He sets a school record in his track meet. Yet the track team practices without him all the time, running by his house in the morning before he is even out of bed. And then he eats Hot Pockets for breakfast while the team runs by and practices without him. And pretty much all the rest of the time he sits around in his room. He does nothing remotely cool at all, but we're told he is super cool.

The Zach Braffish use of music to tell the story at times rather than have the actual movie tell the story.

The resolution of what happens with the baby. Would never happen in real life.

Still very good, though.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bleeker isn't cool, except to Juno. That actually made perfect sense to me.

The part about her driving around alone all the time bugged me a bit, too, but I guess her line about already being pregnant, so what else can happen is supposed to explain that.

Draft saved Draft deleted