1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just saw Hard Candy, have a question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 1, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Speaking of Ellen Page, she stars in Juno, coming out in December. Looks like it could very well be her mainstream breakout role. Great cast: Michael Cera, J.K. Simmons, Allison Janney, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner, Rainn Wilson. Won best film at Toronto Film Festival.

Based on the trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/juno/trailer/) I think it's going to be so critically adored that it will become hip to knock it. Looks like many will compare it to Little Miss Sunshine as well. Whatever the case, you're going to be hearing and talking about this flick, and noticing Ellen Page.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. Thanks, Ellen!

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn, beat me to it. I wonder what ever happened to that Ellis Redding guy. ;)

5. He got busy nuking, I s'pose.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guess I'm missing something.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just from the title, I'm thinking we could combine this with the Cinemax thread.

8. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

The character did not really know the girl that was attacked and raped by the man you see in the movie but she takes a vigilante role to make sure that he does not do it again. Thats why she gets him to go after her because she looks so Innocent and sweet that he thinks he has hit the gold mine....

But what he does not know is that the predator has actually become the prey etc. When I got the invitation to an early screening of this movie 2 years ago now I was very impressed with Ms. Page's performance and she was actually very sweet at the press roundtable but you where still not to sure who she was even in real life she can kind of scare you.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Damn, I really thought this thread was going to be about nail polish.

[​IMG]

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or eye makeup

[​IMG]

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i miss ellis. i wish him and jesus would come back.

Draft saved Draft deleted