1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just like the white winged dove sings a song sounds like she's singing...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Aug 12, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

The page designer/advertising executive at my shop just told us this morning that his mother died. She was 85 years old and was suffering from a lot of different things including dementia. She also recently had her leg amputated.

The guy is one of the nicest, most genuine people I know. He is also very religious.

We get a lot of birds that fly near our office window, but most never land for more than a minute or two. However, since about 10:30 this morning, a dove has been sitting in the same spot near our window. He believes it's a sign that the Lord is watching over him.

Every time I look out and I see that dove still sitting there, I think about
    version of the Stevie Nicks song "Edge of Seventeen." It was a song written after John Lennon was murdered. It also came to be after she lost her uncle when she and her cousin were the only ones around. All of the guy's brothers and their wives are out of town.

"And then suddenly, there was no one left standing in the hall
    Well, well in a flood of tears that no one really ever heard fall
    I went searching for an answer up the stairs and down the hall
    I did not find an answer, but I did hear the call of a nightbird
    Singing "come away, come away, come away."

EDIT: The bird just left after standing watch for several hours.

2. deadliner

deadliner Member

We had a similar experience in my family when someone very religious passed away.

Draft saved Draft deleted