1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just leaving Vancouver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jan 10, 2018.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Still. For them to spend any sort of time - signing leases, looking at new store locations - on what seems to be a pretense for funneling them money seems like a waste.

Just cut them a check from the family trust each month and be done with the lies.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Tim Horton's was spoken in reverential terms? Unless the ones in Western Canada are vastly different from those in New England and Ontario, can't see how it is revered.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't get that either. Tims is a place you go for coffee on the way to work - and wait in endless lines - or around lunch time to get out of the office for a minute. On weekends it's the place you stop on the way to the rink or the diamond. It's not revered, it's there, it's everywhere.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Revered is the wrong word. It is an indelible part of the Canadian fabric, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted