1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just kill, baby.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, May 22, 2007.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

FLORENCE, Ariz. (AP) -- A condemned inmate who fought to drop his appeals, saying he owned it to his victims and society, was executed in Arizona this morning by injection.

Robert Charles Comer was the first inmate to be put to death in Arizona since November 2000.

The 50-year-old Comer was pronounced dead about five minutes after his execution began at 10:03 A-M.

The smile that Comer had on his face throughout the execution faded as he let out his breath.

Asked by the warden if he had any last words, Comer said, "Yes, Go Raiders."

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is horrible (an execution) and awesome (Go Raiders!) at the same time.

3. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

That one-ups a story from earlier this spring about a Cleveland Browns fan who was put to death, and his last words were, "I'm going to be busy getting the Browns to the Super Bowl. Working magic. I love you guys."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ct/20070424/cr_ct/ohioexecutesdeathrowinmatejamesfiliaggiforshootingkillingexwife

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Al Davis would've signed him if he could.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wonder who his favorite Raider was?

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Not sure, but he put cash money on Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins against Winky Wright.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He apparently dropped his appeals after watching the NFL draft.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

That prison has a gift shop outside it in which everything for sale was made by a prisoner. But the tag doesn't tell you what crime he committed.

9. I hate the fact these worthless mounds of flesh get to request a last meal and have the final (vocal) say at their execution.
    The sons of bitches should be given a cigarette (let them get them own damn light!) and a ballgag before their execution.
    Last meal? Yeah, whatever the hell the jailhouse cook is feeding the rest of the populace!
    Rotten cocksuckers are sentenced to death and linger on the vine for 20 years before they ever get anywhere close to the execution chamber.
    You good damn well know none of these shitbags ever gave any of their victims the same consideration.
    It drives me up a wall "civilized society" sees fit to treat these animals as humans.

An eye for an eye...

If it were up to me, they'd all be cornholed to death with a metal-spiked whiffle ball bat. The whole show would be broadcast, via closed circuit television, to the rest of the nation's deathrow slimeballs so they can all see what's in store for them.

Rant over

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Funny, he doesn't look like a typical Raider fan.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My guess is Skip "Dr. Death" Thomas.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Agreed. The French don't believe in rehabilitating convicted criminals. You are considered an animal and you shall die like one.

Draft saved Draft deleted