1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just in case you were wondering: Rich Rodriguez has no interest in Clemson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Please god, I'm just hoping once in my life when a coach tries this -- accepts another job offer, then comes skulking back to his previous school trying to leverage them out of more money with this "ohh golly I changed my mind" bullshit -- SOME president or AD gets the balls to respond, "Fuck you, you're fired. Hit the road," then he goes back to School #2, and they say, "Looks like you don't want to be here that badly anyway. You're fired here, too."

Glen Mason almost got caught this way at Minnesota, with his continuous public trolling for the Ohio State and Michigan State jobs. In a way, he kinda did -- he burned up so much goodwill and credibility with repeated threats to jump, the first time he had a legitimately bad season, he was shitcanned in a snap.

BTW -- are you building up to something momentous for 20,000?? :eek: :eek:

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Crap, I just saw that I'm that close...

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Glen Mason DID do that to KU.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, I think he pioneered the strategy. Unfortunately, it didn't end with the firings-on-both-ends denouement in my dream scenario above. :eek: :eek:

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If it had happened, it would have been on Christmas morning, and you'd have died of a seizure on the spot.

Draft saved Draft deleted