1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just in case you were wondering: Rich Rodriguez has no interest in Clemson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

The guy just lost to Toledo with Michigan talent. No matter what system they run, no matter what plays they run, they should beat Toledo. They should say, "Hey, Toledo, we're running off tackle right this play, try and stop us," and still not be stopped. I think it's safe to say Clemson, like every team in Division I, has no interest in Rich Rodriguez.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You've gotta tear them down before you build them back up, dont'cha know?

Somewhere, Lloyd Carr is snickering.

All I know is it's another badly-needed humility lesson (as much for the program, as for RR),
    and we like it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Unfortunately, I guess it is necessary to ask Petrino and Rodriguez about every single major college opening.

Granted, Rodriguez did used to coach at Clemson.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like Saban?

5. Mizzougrad96

Well, Saban now has a contract that now would prevent him from being a candidate for every job.

What other coaches fall into this "I'm going to whore myself out for every opening." category?

Franchione when he still had a job?

None are as bad as Rodriguez or Petrino.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like. Saban. Gives. A. Fuck. About. A. Contract. ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

When he wants to go, he'll go. And he'll get paid a lump sum of $32 million when he does (Saban's contract has a clause that he must be paid the full value of the full contract if the contract is terminated at any point by either party. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Ayuuuuup, they shore grow 'em smart in Alabammmer. ::) ::)

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Besides Michigan, who did Rodriguez go after?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Alabama

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, wasn't the deal done for him to jump a year earlier, then he pulled one of those Glen Mason "oops I changed my mind" gambits, extorted a huge raise out of WVU, then threw a hissy fit and jumped a few months later when he didn't get every single last thing he had demanded.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There are few terms more satisfying than "hissy fit." Just sayin

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

These two absorbed the same life lessons. They play for keeps, and fifty other top-level coaches would like to be in their shoes.

As JoePa has said . . . "Enjoy the spectacle, but don't look too close."

12. Mizzougrad96

Rodriguez also did this to Texas Tech awhile back. I think he accepted the job and then changed his mind so he could wait for the WVU job to open.

Tech got Leach, so I'm guessing they got the best of that deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted