1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just in: Another NBA head coach fired.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

His toughness is second to none. And there were hundreds of games to prove that. He's been a solid NBA player his whole career. But there's still something missing for me. If I were building a team, he'd be the perfect 6th man.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

No doubt Jordan didn't have much to work with.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You forgot about Devil 93, remeber he PLAYED highschool basketball.

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

People can say that all they want, but even before the Arenas injury fest, they were a fifth seed in the East twice, which isn't getting it done. And last year was also a pretty sorry showing for the most part. Getting beaten by the same team three years in a row shows you don't have a clue on how to make defensive adjustments.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't like it. Seemed like a decent coach and a decent fellow. But what do I know?

6. Songbird

Yes, he does seem like a decent fellow.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, many people don't know this, but he bought a pumpkin farm in early October, then they called off Halloween.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The second somebody shows up in Washington to become a Wizard, he gets the word "journeyman" attached to his name.

It's just the way it is.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

LOL but you actually are right. In some areas of DC, Halloween wasn't celebrated.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Except for the days when Unseld and Peal were members of the Bullets and they played in Baltimore, the franchise has pretty much always catered to "journeymen."

11. Songbird

They should've kept Bullets as the nickname (used to love their logo, too). And they need to get rid of those uniforms.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Think Byron Scott broke out some Champagne?

Draft saved Draft deleted