1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just in: Another NBA head coach fired.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The franchise went to hell when it became politically correct.

The Washington Bullets were tough.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I AGREE WITH YOU 1000 PERCENT!!! That name change clearly fucked the franchise up.They became soft.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Just goes to show what a big bag of shit political correctness is.

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Damn anti-gun lobbyists.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If Jeff Ruland playing in short shorts is relevant, then the early '80's it is.

Otherwise, they won a championship in 78 and got to the finals in 79.

6. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

After last night, I thought it might be Michael Curry.

106-80 at home? To the Timberwolves?

If anyone actually thought the Pistons were supposed to be better with Iverson replacing Billups, the sight of Randy Foye going for 23 points and 14 assists should have shown them the truth.

7. prezclinton

You trying to say Iverson doesn't play D? Or that when he struggles on offense his defense is glaringly weak?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Iverson has never done anything for me. Yes, he's a tough little nut with a warrior heart who's lasted longer than he should have because of all the banging he's incurred by his intrepid attacks to the rack all these years.

But he's a terrible jump-shooter and plays pedestrian defense. Will he go to the Hall of Fame? Tough one. Probably. But that doesn't mean he's one of the top 50 or 100 or 200 players ever to play.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wizards were decent with Webber and Howard in the late 90's. Unfortunately, the Bulls were in town.

Despite a new extension and that he's resurrected the Warriors twice now, I think Nellie needs to go. He refuses to develop the new/big players that the Warriors have acquired (Brandon Wright, Anthony Randolph, Marco Belinelli) and insists on playing small ball. While it was exciting with Baron Davis at the helm, he's gone and now its garbage playground ball hoping to win with jumpers and free throws (Maggette). No D, no rebounding.

10. prezclinton

I like watching him play and admire his toughness, but I think Pistons fans thought they were getting the '01 Iverson that could will his team to victory, and a lot of nights he's just going to be a shoot-first PG that takes shots away from Hamilton.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

True but there ain't too many in front of the old dwarf. You have to give him his props.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As for Eddie Jordan, he was starting a royal sampler of a lineup because of injuries.

BYH, Bubbler, IJAG, Mikey and spnited, with Petty, hockeybeat and Boots coming off the bench, could've hung a hundred on the Wizards this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted