1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got out of the hospital ... GRRRRR!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jun 16, 2011.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Had surgery to repair a torn quadricep tendon. (Very painful, by the way.) What was unbelievable was the guy who shared my room with me had 10 people in there virtually all day the day after my surgery. When I say 10, I'm not joking. I counted They could barely fit in his half of the room. Yet the moronic nurses never said anything. It was more like a football game than a hospital room with all the commotion. And of course, the more I got mad over the noise, the more my incision hurt as my heart beated faster. Just a heads up if you know somebody in the hospital: VISIT IN WAVES!

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I thought from the thread title this would be about bears. :)

How did you tear your quad tendon? Yeesh.

Speedy recovery, dude.

3. TwoGloves

Saved some children from a burning building and went back in for the puppies. At least that's the story I'm sticking too. Not a fun injury though. Four month recovery.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not many hospitals left with double occupancy. Thank God.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Start fake vomiting water in that emesis bowl (loudly) and I guarantee the room would have cleared quickly :)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Are you in pain?
    Naw... it 'urt like 'ell?

7. TwoGloves

It did 'urt like 'ell!

8. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Forget Vomiting, Break Out The Urinal In Front Of Them And They'll Leave

9. TwoGloves

I wish I could say that would have worked but I'm laying there in the bed trying to pee into the damn thing and one of the other guy's visitors is visible to me through the crack in the curtains. If she moves back about a foot, she sees me in all my glory. Naturally, I had a bit of a case of stage fright before taking care of business. The whole thing was ridiculous.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's a hospital, not a hotel room. You ain't in there to make friends. You are well within your rights to say to them or ask someone else to "get these fucking people out of here."

11. TwoGloves

Yeah. I should have done that but I felt really bad for the guy in the other bed. He came in at 4 a.m. with a broken hip after falling off a tractor and they didn't do surgery for 13 hours. I guess I'm too nice.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shit, he probably would have appreciated it. I can't imagine he wanted that kind of crowd around either.

Draft saved Draft deleted